This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Reynolds’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Stalybridge and Hyde
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (since 7 Oct 2013) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Reynolds
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Reynolds voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Energy and Climate Change, Work and Pensions, Health, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Green Deal Scheme, Working Tax Credit, Energy Companies Obligation, Fuel Poverty, Incapacity Benefit: Greater Manchester
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Reynolds and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Pensions Bill Committee (4 out of 12)
- MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (10 out of 13)
- Localism Bill Committee (22 out of 24)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (17 out of 18)
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what the likely interest in the Renewable Heat Incentive for domestic properties will be when it is launched in spring 2014; and what estimate he has made of the consequent cost to the Exchequer.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (5 Dec 2013)
“On Monday the Government announced substantial changes in the ECO energy efficiency scheme, including significant scaling back of the component that insulates solid walls. Most of the large-scale local authority and social landlord energy efficiency schemes depend on that component, and there will obviously be a correspondingly negative impact on the insulation industry. What discussions is...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 68.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Reynolds’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register