This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Luciana Berger’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Liverpool, Wavertree
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Luciana Berger
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Luciana Berger voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Energy and Climate Change, Business, Innovation and Skills, Health, Treasury, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Green Deal Scheme, Departmental Work Experience, Departmental Manpower, Carbon Emissions, Departmental Carbon Emissions
(based on written questions asked by Luciana Berger and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (0 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (16 out of 16)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“Will the Chancellor confirm press reports this morning that his free school meal announcement has resulted in a £80 million raid on the school building budget of the Department for Education?”
- Written Answers — Health: MMR Vaccine (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health pursuant to the answer of 25 November 2013, Official Report, column 154W, on MMR vaccine, what the baseline estimate of MMR coverage in 10 to 16 year olds was in each month since April 2013.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Alcoholic Drinks: Young People (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Witham of 3 June 2013, Official Report, column 923W, on alcoholic drinks: young people, how many people were convicted of buying alcohol on behalf of a minor in (a) 2012 and (b) 2013 to date.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 86 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 295 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Luciana Berger’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 142 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register