Does Kris Hopkins respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Kris Hopkins responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Kris Hopkins’s voting in Parliament
Kris Hopkins is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kris Hopkins sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kris Hopkins consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kris Hopkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kris Hopkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kris Hopkins has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Holding answer received on 26 February 2015 The full £2.7 billion European Regional Development Fund allocation for 2007-13 has been committed, and is on track and on course for where we would expect to be at this stage in the programme. The programme is worth a total of £2,749,090,730 excluding match funding. Since 1 May 2010, the current programme has contracted...
This Government has taken action to tackle the taxpayer-funded subsidies that previously were handed to the trade unions. Such payments were poor value for money and represented an unhealthy relationship between the state and voluntary sector. Trade union activities and campaigning in the public sector should be funded by members' subscriptions, not bankrolled by the taxpayer. Greater...
More of Kris Hopkins’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Keighley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Courts: Fines
- Armed Forces: Pay
- Falkland Islands
Currently held offices
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (7 Oct 2013 to 13 May 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kris Hopkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kris Hopkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from