How Kris Hopkins voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Get email notifications when Kris Hopkins speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Kris Hopkins hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
This information was published in August, as part of the Revenue Outturn (RO3) statistical returns, and can be found online at: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/local-authority-rev enue-expenditure-and-financing-england-2013-to-2014-individu al-local-authority-data-outturn This is the first year that such data has been published, following the new responsibilities being passed to...
In the last 12 months, Ministers have not had the opportunity to visit the Parliamentary constituency of Torbay, but they have visited the local authority area of Torbay. We are open to further invitations, subject to Ministerial and Parliamentary commitments.
I refer the rt. hon. Member to my written answer of 28 October 2014, PQs 211433, 211434 and 211435.
More of Kris Hopkins's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Keighley
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Courts: Fines
- Armed Forces: Pay
- Falkland Islands
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (28 Nov 2011 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 83.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kris Hopkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
(a) Name of donor: United and Cecil Club
(a) Address of donor: 18 Thorney Lane North, Iver SL0 9JY
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 13 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from