Ben Gummer campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Ben Gummer’s voting in Parliament
Ben Gummer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ben Gummer sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ben Gummer consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Gummer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Gummer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Gummer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Health Education England (HEE) will retain the responsibility for commissioning and funding the minimum number of clinical placements assessed as required to produce sufficient healthcare graduates for the National Health Service. Universities through the combination of tuition fees and additional teaching grant funding, that the Government has allocated to the Higher Education Funding...
This information is not held centrally. Education providers wishing to deliver health profession courses such as nursing or physiotherapy, must ensure the relevant regulator is satisfied that their proposed course will deliver graduates who possess the required knowledge and expertise of a newly qualified professional. For example, education providers wishing to deliver pre-registration...
We understand that no announcement has been made by Health Education England (HEE) about ceasing postgraduate training in North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust's emergency department. We are determined to make the National Health Service the safest and most transparent healthcare system in the world, transforming patient safety and changing the culture of the NHS to support patients...
More of Ben Gummer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ipswich
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Multiple Sclerosis: Drugs
- Music: Education
- Asylum: Community Relations
- Railways: East of England
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ben Gummer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Gummer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 263 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Jun 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Abdul-Majid Jafar
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 01 June 2015
Name of donor: F. Vindis & Sons (Bedford)
Address of donor: Vindis House, Washingley Road, Huntingdon PE29 6WP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 02970761
(Registered 31 May 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 18 June 2015, Sancroft International Ltd (corporate responsibility and environmental services consultancy). (Updated 22 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from