This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Ben Gummer’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Ipswich
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Ben Gummer
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Ben Gummer voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Home Department, Education, Justice, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Multiple Sclerosis: Drugs, Music: Education, Asylum: Community Relations, Planning, Railways: East of England
(based on written questions asked by Ben Gummer and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- FINANCE BILL Committee (13 out of 16)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Defamation Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Bill Committee (6 out of 10)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: National Infrastructure Plan (4 Dec 2013)
“I pay tribute to my hon. Friend the Member for Suffolk Coastal (Dr Coffey), who led the campaign on the A14 well in advance of the point at which the hon. Member for Cambridge (Dr Huppert) became pregnant on the matter. May I ask the Chief Secretary whether the diggers will arrive as promised in 2016?”
- Cost of Child Care — [Mr Jim Hood in the Chair] (20 Nov 2013)
“There were no cuts in Suffolk.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Gummer’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register