What recent assessment he has made of the business potential of marine energy for UK suppliers.
I understand that Tidal Lagoon Power, which is headquartered in Gloucester, will be sourcing at least half its £1 billion project in Swansea bay from UK suppliers. Will my right hon. Friend encourage UK Trade & Investment to work with me and the Gloucestershire local enterprise partnership to host a tidal energy supply chain seminar at our new growth hub at the university of...
The Cabinet Office has been relentless in reducing waste from public services. However, does my right hon. Friend share my concern that the hidden cost to the taxpayer, as well as the lack of local accountability, from doing away with the shire fire and rescue services and trying to create a national fire service as Labour proposes would be considerable?
More of Richard Graham’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Gloucester
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Direct Selling
- Dangerous Driving
- Atos Healthcare
- Universal Credit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 184 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
February 2015, £200 from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone St, London EC1Y 8RT, for an interview undertaken in December 2014. Hours: approx. 15 mins. Payment made direct to charity. (Registered 3 march 2015)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from Arup, Cambridge Assessment, City of London, GKN
, John Swire & Sons)
Address of donor: All Party Parliamentary China Group, House of Commons
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) flights with a value of £1,302 (2) hotel accommodation, transport and meals with a value of £757.49; £2,059.49 in total
Destination of visit: China
Date of visit: 24-29 April 2014
Purpose of visit: To understand more about ethnic minorities in Xinjiang and religious freedom in China; to support bids by British business and deepen engagement with the National People's Congress.
(Registered 9 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from