How Rehman Chishti voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Get email notifications when Rehman Chishti speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Rehman Chishti hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. I had intended to present a petition to the House tomorrow in relation to my constituents wanting three ships—HMS Cressy, HMS Hogue and HMS Aboukir—to be protected under the Protection of Military Remains Act 1986. However, I have been advised that as tomorrow is the last sitting day, there will be no Adjournment debate, and on that basis...
My right hon. Friend has been an outstanding Minister on cyber-security. He recently visited Pakistan and met the chief of general staff in the Pakistan army. Did they discuss greater co-operation between our two countries on cyber-security and sharing the good practice he has developed in this area?
More of Rehman Chishti's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Organs: Donors
- Military Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee (since 5 Nov 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (28 Mar 2011 to 7 Apr 2014)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 76 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rehman Chishti’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments for press reviews from Sky News, BSkyB, 7 Centaurs Business Centre, Grant Way, Isleworth TW7 5QD:
14 February 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 6 March 2014)
28 February 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 6 March 2014)
26 March 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 16 April 2014)
16 May 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 22 May 2014)
25 April 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 10 June 2014)
17 June 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 8 July 2014)
Councillor, Rainham Central Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from