The Football Association has launched its inclusion advisory board which is working to encourage more involvement in football by women and the minorities community. May we have a debate on that, and on what other sports are doing to address this? By way of a declaration, I should mention that I am a parliamentary fellow with the Football Association and prior to that with Sport England.
Providing support to refugees in the region is nothing new. It was put forward by the previous Government, by the then Minister, Clare Short, in relation to the Kosovo crisis. Does my hon. Friend agree that, on that basis, what we are doing is in line with what has been done before?
What recent steps he is taking to support women in business and encourage more women to enter business.
More of Rehman Chishti's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Organs: Donors
- Military Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (28 Mar 2011 to 7 Apr 2014)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 80 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 101 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rehman Chishti’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 95 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments for press reviews from Sky News, BSkyB, 7 Centaurs Business Centre, Grant Way, Isleworth TW7 5QD:
23 October 2013, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total (Registered 14 November 2013; updated 6 February 2014)
10 January 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 2.5 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 4.5 hrs in total. (Registered 4 February 2014)
22 January 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 4 February 2014)
14 February 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 6 March 2014)
28 February 2014, received £150. Hours: 1 hr, plus 3 hrs travel and 1 hr preparation; 5 hrs in total. (Registered 6 March 2014)
Councillor Rainham Central Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.