How Ian Mearns voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Ian Mearns hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What her health priorities are for the post-2015 development framework.
Despite ongoing global commitments, 40 million women gave birth without the assistance of a midwife last year, and families living in the poorest parts of the world are twice as likely to lose their babies as those in the richest nations. Will the Secretary of State use her influence to ensure that there are targets for ending preventable child, maternal and newborn deaths in the post-2015...
Several weeks ago, I asked the Secretary of State if he was prepared to backdate the changes to the Bellwin scheme, to ensure that those who suffered flooding in the north in 2012 and 2013 are provided with the same support as those affected by flooding in the south this winter. Is he prepared to make those changes and end that double standard, or is there still no support for those in the north?
More of Ian Mearns's recent appearances
Labour MP for Gateshead
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Ministerial Policy Advisers
- Schools: Vocational Guidance
- Free Schools
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (8 Nov 2010 to 1 May 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ian Mearns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 93 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: PO Box
4, Earl Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire SK8 6QG
Amount of donation (or estimate of probable value): BASF paid directly for flights, accommodation and hospitality, transfers and other incidentals; total £840.62
Destination of visit: BASF Chemical complex, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 23-24 July 2013
8. Land and Property
House in Gateshead, owned jointly with my partner. (Registered 19 April 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.