My constituents in Clydebank, particularly in Whitecrook, are affected by loud noise from aircraft in the Glasgow flight path overhead. In the past few years I have been round the houses, contacting the UK Department for Transport, the Scottish Government, our local council and, of course, the airport itself, but all are unwilling or unable to do anything about it. Might we have time for a...
I am sure that, like me, the Secretary of State raised a toast this week to Scotland’s national bard, Robert Burns, with Scotland’s national drink. Exports of Scotch whisky are rising, with 1.3 billion bottles exported around the world in 2013, but will she talk to her colleagues in the Treasury ahead of the Budget about excise duty to ensure that the Scotch whisky industry is not...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the proposals of the Defence Police Federation on Ministry of Defence Police pensions.
More of Gemma Doyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Departmental NDPBs
- State Visits: Vatican
- Armed Forces
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gemma Doyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 93 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London W1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food & drink and additional transport, total cost £1,800
Date of visit: 29 September - 4 October 2013
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with a focus on defence and security.
(Registered 14 April 2014)
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and drink, total £3,500
Date of visit: 16-19 November 2013
Purpose of visit: to meet with government ministers, members of the Federal National Council
, senior business figures and NGOs
, together with British diplomats to further relations between the UK
(Registered 14 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from