On the subject of legal claims, I am sure that the Minister has seen the Royal British Legion’s 2015 manifesto, which brings to light a breach of the principles of the armed forces covenant whereby veterans who contracted mesothelioma as a result of their service before 1987 are unable to sue the MOD and instead apply for 100% war disablement pension. That means a difference of over...
The people of Scotland have made a positive choice to stay in the UK. There is clearly support for the further devolution proposed by the three parties, and that must now happen and that process must move forward. I understand that there need to be discussions about devolution to other parts of the UK, but will the Secretary of State urge calm among his colleagues? It will be ludicrous if the...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many new claims for armed forces independence payment have been made since April 2013.
More of Gemma Doyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Departmental NDPBs
- State Visits: Vatican
- Armed Forces
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gemma Doyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 90 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London W1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food & drink and additional transport, total cost £1,800
Date of visit: 29 September - 4 October 2013
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with a focus on defence and security.
(Registered 14 April 2014)
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and drink, total £3,500
Date of visit: 16-19 November 2013
Purpose of visit: to meet with government ministers, members of the Federal National Council
, senior business figures and NGOs
, together with British diplomats to further relations between the UK
(Registered 14 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from