How Gemma Doyle voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Gemma Doyle votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gemma Doyle never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many new claims for armed forces independence payment have been made since April 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many people are currently in receipt of the armed forces independence payment.
The Prime Minister has found rather a large amount of cash down the back of the Secretary of State’s sofa, with which he is now playing catch-up with the UK’s defence capabilities. But did any of the Ministers argue at any point that some of this money should be spent on armed forces housing, which remains a key priority for armed forces families, or in addressing the unfairness...
More of Gemma Doyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for West Dunbartonshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Departmental NDPBs
- State Visits: Vatican
- Armed Forces
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gemma Doyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 90 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 25 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QD
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, meals and additional expenses with a value of £2,250
Destination of visit: Norway (Oslo, Bodo, Tromso, Svalbard)
Date of visit: 2-6 June 2013
Purpose of visit: examination of the implications of the opening up of the Arctic Ocean
and its defence and climate change.
(Registered 5 July 2013)
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London W1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food & drink and additional transport, total cost £1,800
Date of visit: 29 September - 4 October 2013
Purpose of visit: fact-finding visit with a focus on defence and security.
(Registered 14 April 2014)
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and drink, total £3,500
Date of visit: 16-19 November 2013
Purpose of visit: to meet with government ministers, members of the Federal National Council
, senior business figures and NGOs
, together with British diplomats to further relations between the UK
(Registered 14 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from