How Gemma Doyle voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gemma Doyle never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Could the Minister explain, therefore, why the Department for Work and Pensions has put aside £38 million to support credit unions, because that does not seem to sit with the point he has just made, namely that supporting credit unions is not the business of Government?
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mrs Riordan. It is also a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Strangford (Jim Shannon), who made a welcome and constructive contribution to the debate. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Harrow West (Mr Thomas) on securing the debate. I am delighted to be able to follow him by speaking in support of the establishment of an...
More of Gemma Doyle's recent appearances
Labour MP for West Dunbartonshire
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Departmental NDPBs
- State Visits: Vatican
- Armed Forces
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gemma Doyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 25 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QD
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, meals and additional expenses with a value of £2,250
Destination of visit: Norway (Oslo, Bodo, Tromso, Svalbard)
Date of visit: 2-6 June 2013
Purpose of visit: examination of the implications of the opening up of the Arctic Ocean
and its defence and climate change.
(Registered 5 July 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.