How Stephen Barclay voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Stephen Barclay speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Barclay occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Before he steps down from the House very shortly, I join colleagues in paying tribute to the work of my neighbour, my right hon. Friend the Member for South East Cambridgeshire (Sir James Paice), not only for his work in clearing up the mess that we inherited with the RPA but his wider work on behalf of farmers. My hon. Friend mentioned the 15 digital centres that are going to provide...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimates his Department has made of the amount that would be raised from hedge funds, or similar financial institutions, by closing tax loopholes arising from the use of mixed membership partnerships.
It was proposed more to make a point.
More of Stephen Barclay's recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Cambridgeshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Departmental Procurement
- Senior Civil Servants
- Departmental Dismissal
- Departmental Expenditure
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 140 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Barclay’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from