How Stephen Barclay voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when Stephen Barclay speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Barclay occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to paragraph 2.3 of the report of the Prime Minister's Task Force on Tackling Radicalisation and Extremism, published in December 2013, which organisations have received support and advice to exclude extremists; and what funding for that purpose each such organisation has received.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, with reference to paragraph 5.1.2 of the report of the Prime Minister's Task Force on Tackling Radicalisation and Extremism, published in December 2013, how many people have been barred from managing or teaching at independent schools because of involvement with or links to extremism under the new regulations.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of cross-government expenditure on tackling extremism was spent (a) domestically and (b) internationally in each of the last three years for which figures are available.
More of Stephen Barclay's recent appearances
Conservative MP for North East Cambridgeshire
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Departmental Procurement
- Senior Civil Servants
- Departmental Dismissal
- Departmental Expenditure
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jun 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 152 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Barclay’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from