This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Claire Perry’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Devizes
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 7 Oct 2013) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Claire Perry
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Claire Perry voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Health, Education, Justice, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Business: Government Assistance, Children: Service Personnel, Departmental Leave, Inland Waterways, Social Services: Fees and Charges
(based on written questions asked by Claire Perry and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Local Audit and AccountabilityBill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Superannuation bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Savings Accounts and Health in Pregnancy Grant Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Mix 96 (Digital Radio Switchover) (28 Nov 2013)
- Public Bill Committee: Local Audit and Accountability Bill [Lords]: Clause 40 - Orders and regulations (21 Nov 2013)
“There are some. [ Laughter. ]”
- Public Bill Committee: Local Audit and Accountability Bill [Lords]: Clause 38 - Code of practice on local authority publicity (19 Nov 2013)
“May I beg to move that the Committee adjourns now and reconvenes not after the vote but on Thursday morning?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 74.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Claire Perry’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register