Mel Stride’s voting in Parliament
Mel Stride is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mel Stride sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mel Stride consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Mel Stride consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Mel Stride generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mel Stride’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mel Stride’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mel Stride hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I beg to move, That further consideration be now adjourned.
What recent discussions he has had with ministerial colleagues and Ministers of the Welsh Government on health care provision in Wales and the English borders.
Given that the NHS in Wales has had its budget cut by 8%, that waiting times are longer than in England and that it has missed its accident and emergency targets since 2009, does my right hon. Friend agree that the NHS is far from safe in the Opposition’s hands?
More of Mel Stride’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Central Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Road Fuel Testing Unit
- Excise Duties: Wines
- Hill Farming
- Parish Councils: Bank Services
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 92.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mel Stride’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from