What recent discussions he has had with ministerial colleagues and Ministers of the Welsh Government on health care provision in Wales and the English borders.
Given that the NHS in Wales has had its budget cut by 8%, that waiting times are longer than in England and that it has missed its accident and emergency targets since 2009, does my right hon. Friend agree that the NHS is far from safe in the Opposition’s hands?
I rise strongly in support of the Bill. At the outset, I congratulate my right hon. Friend the Home Secretary. There is much of her, it appears to me, in this Bill in terms of her determination to see that this Parliament and our country is at the vanguard of tackling this iniquitous series of crimes. I also congratulate the right hon. Member for Birkenhead (Mr Field) on chairing the...
More of Mel Stride’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Central Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Road Fuel Testing Unit
- Excise Duties: Wines
- Hill Farming
- Parish Councils: Bank Services
Currently held offices
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 28 Nov 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mel Stride’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:
£75 received on 28 April 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 28 April 2014)
£75 received on 10 June 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 10 June 2014)
(a) Venture Marketing Group Ltd (publisher, organiser of exhibitions and conferences)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from