This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Mary Macleod’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Brentford and Isleworth
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Mary Macleod
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Mary Macleod voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Education, Transport, Attorney-General, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Surgery, Commonwealth: Succession Laws, Environment Protection: Business, Inflation, Higher Education: Admissions
(based on written questions asked by Mary Macleod and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Small Charitable Donations Bill Committee (9 out of 10)
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (20 out of 20)
- London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Amendment) Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“With small business Saturday coming up this weekend, I join the director general of the British Retail Consortium, who said that the business rate cap “will be welcomed enthusiastically by retailers across this country.” While I will still keep urging the Chancellor to consider full-scale reform of business rates, does he agree that today’s announcement will save thousands...”
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“The Airports Commission under Howard Davies is due to report this month on a shortlist of options in relation to the future of aviation capacity across the UK. Will my right hon. Friend consider holding a debate on that in the new year, because it affects all regional airports as well as London?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (5 Dec 2013)
“Will my hon. Friend keep pushing for the teaching of enterprise in our schools, so that we can inspire a whole new generation of entrepreneurs?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 140 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mary Macleod’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Address of donor: The Compass Centre, Nelson Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW6 2GW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000; sponsorship to meet costs and expenses of local community project organised by the MP
Date of acceptance: 30 April 2013
Donor status: company, registration 05757208
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register