This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Zac Goldsmith
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Zac Goldsmith voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Energy and Climate Change, Transport, Business, Innovation and Skills, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Heathrow Airport, Electric Vehicles, Energy: Conservation, Antibiotics, Armed Forces: Housing
(based on written questions asked by Zac Goldsmith and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Antarctic Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Health: Bacterial Diseases (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what assessment he has made of the risk of a pandemic if NDM-1 enzyme transferred to a highly contagious bacterium against which modern antibiotics would be ineffective.”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Forests (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what agreements were made at the UN Climate Change Conference in Warsaw on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Marine Conservation Zones (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs how many applications for judicial review have been notified to his Department in relation to the designation of marine conservation zones.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 220 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 162 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 73 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register