Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament
How Zac Goldsmith voted on key issues
- Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patientsDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted against a smoking banDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted strongly against restricting the provision of services to private patients by the NHSDetails
- Voted strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
More on their full record
It is good news that the Prime Minister has apparently resuscitated plans for a recall Bill, but will he confirm that he intends to push ahead with a genuine system of recall, not fall back on the Deputy Prime Minister’s Bill, which has been widely discredited, is recall in name only, and would not empower voters in any meaningful sense at all.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport whether there are proposals to increase night flights at Heathrow Airport from 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what steps the Government plans to take in the Council of Ministers to ensure protection for fragile deep-sea ecosystems and species from damaging forms of fishing.
More of Zac Goldsmith's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Heathrow Airport
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy: Conservation
- Armed Forces: Housing
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 165 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 168 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Feb 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Until 7 December 2012, self-employed farming activity in Devon, unpaid as the activity was loss-making. Address: Walreddon Farm, Whitchurch, Tavistock, Devon PL19 9EQ.(Updated 20 February 2013)
8. Land and Property
Until 7 December 2012, farmhouse and cottage in Devon owned by family trust, from which rental income was received.(Updated 20 February 2013)
(a) Fitzdares Holdings Ltd (bespoke bookmaker)
(a) Ecosystems Ltd (ecology website)
Partnership in a film, provisionally entitled "War in Babylon". No income received to date.
Investment in WHEB
Ventures Private Equity LP
. I receive no income and nor do I have any influence on the investments made.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register