How Zac Goldsmith voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Zac Goldsmith votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Zac Goldsmith quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
I thank the Prime Minister for giving way. Does he agree that if we are serious about tackling jihadi terrorism in the middle east, we must take a much tougher line with some key allies, including Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait, which have been fuelling and funding terrorism for decades and, if reports are accurate, continue to do so?
On supporting British food and farming, does my hon. Friend celebrate as I do recent moves by DEFRA to encourage much greater use of the £2 billion or so we spend each year on food for schools, hospitals, military barracks and the like on domestic produce, so that a far greater volume of funds will be used to source and access good-quality local food for our children, patients and so on...
More of Zac Goldsmith's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Heathrow Airport
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy: Conservation
- Armed Forces: Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 87 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 179 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 81 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
8. Land and Property
(a) Fitzdares Holdings Ltd (bespoke bookmaker)
(a) Ecosystems Ltd (ecology website)
Partnership in a film, provisionally entitled "War in Babylon". No income received to date.
Investment in WHEB
Ventures Private Equity LP
. I receive no income and nor do I have any influence on the investments made.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from