Bob Stewart’s voting in Parliament
Bob Stewart is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bob Stewart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bob Stewart consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bob Stewart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bob Stewart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bob Stewart has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that, when the public see a police officer, they simply see a police officer? They do not look at them and wonder whether they are volunteer police officers or not. Volunteers who man desks do not wear the uniform, but wearing the uniform immediately tells the public that someone is a police officer. They do not think, “Is that a reserve officer?”...
Forgive me; my experience is not with the police, but I know very well that the police service, just like the armed services, would not issue CS gas or the like without very strict controls and very strict training. I am quite sure that volunteers would not be given any less training in the use of such chemicals in pursuit of their duty.
The hon. Gentleman—he is actually a friend of mine—and I both know that we arm members of the public in our reserve forces. With training, they do exactly the same on operations as any normal regular soldier, and they are sent on operations into really dangerous positions.
More of Bob Stewart’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Beckenham
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Politics and Government
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 85 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Bob Stewart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bob Stewart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 257 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Apr 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
From 1 February 2016
to 31 January 2017
, consultant providing leadership and mentoring services to LBC Wise Counsel, Cheltenham Film and Photographic Studios, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN. LBC Wise Counsel provides leadership and management training for lawyers. I will receive £500 a month for an expected monthly commitment of 5 hours. (Registered 03 February 2016)
Name of donor: Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs P.O. Box 547, Government Road, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and transport; £4,753
Destination of visit: Bahrain
Date of visit: 21-25 January 2016
Purpose of visit: Conservative Middle East Council
delegation to Bahrain
(Registered 02 February 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Claire Podbielski-Stewart, as part-time Senior Parliamentary Assistant. (Registered 15 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from