May I just confirm that that means that Lewisham hospital will not be touched by Monitor? Lewisham hospital was a successful hospital before the last investigation, and it appears to be a successful hospital now. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I totally agree with everything that the hon. Gentleman has said. My worry is that the Secretary of State negated the bill. It was wiped clean, and £44 million is a huge amount of money in the very short time that King’s has apparently been mismanaging the PRUH.
I accept that point.
More of Bob Stewart’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Beckenham
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Politics and Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 91 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 220 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
Chairman of Premier Gold Resources PLC
, Stonebridge House, Chelmsford Road, Hatfield Heath, CM22 7BD; gold mining.
1 April 2014, received payment of £1,077 for three private meetings and one board meeting. Hours: 6 hrs in total. (Registered 16 April 2014)
1 May 2014, received payment of £1,077 for a private meeting and one board meeting. Hours: 4 hrs in total. (Registered 20 May 2014)
1 June 2014, received payment of £1,077 for three private meetings and one board meeting. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 16 June 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: UK Defence Forum
Address of donor: Grainger Suite, Dobson House, Regent Centre, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 3PF
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): guidance, accommodation and subsistence (est value £815). (Travel to and from Belgium self-paid.)
Destination of visit: Belgium and France
Date of visit: 3-6 July 2014
Purpose of visit: Study tour of military battlefields with some visits to Commonwealth War Cemeteries.
(Registered 28 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from