How Bill Esterson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Bill Esterson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Education if he plans to allow Ofsted to inspect bodies which run chains of academy schools.
The Secretary of State was warned beforehand that he had undervalued the sell-off. He did not achieve value for money, and priority investors stand accused of profiteering. The public feel ripped off and will wonder why he is still in his job. How can this possibly be a success?
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Southport hospital who cared for me when I spent three days there as a patient last month. They told me that GPs now routinely send older patients straight to A and E because their funding has been cut and that community services are no longer in place to support people in their own homes, which is all leading to a crisis at A and E. Is not the sad...
More of Bill Esterson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Sefton Central
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Work Capability Assessment
- Teachers: Training
- Post Offices
- General Practitioners
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (7 Nov 2011 to 25 Feb 2013)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: PO Box
4, Earl Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 6QG
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): BASF paid directly for travel, accommodation and incidentals, total value £920.54
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 23-24 July 2013
(Registered 30 August 2013)
8. Land and Property
House in Chatham, from which rental income is received.
(a) Leaps & Bounds (Training) Ltd; training consultancy.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.