How Simon Kirby voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Simon Kirby occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Minister for Women and Equalities when she plans to bring forward legislative proposals to enable LGBT people in civil partnerships to convert these to marriages as defined in the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what steps he is taking to promote digital industries in England and Wales; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what steps he is taking to promote innovation within industry; and if he will make a statement.
More of Simon Kirby's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Brighton, Kemptown
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Sign Language
- Departmental Redundancy
- Departmental Land
- Departmental Location
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Name of donor: United & Cecil Club
(a) Address of donor: Beckfield, Crouch Lane, Winkfield, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 4TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 29 July 2013)
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 20 February 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Brighton, from which rental income is received.
House in Pevensey, East Sussex
, from which rental income was received until August 2013. (Updated 23 August 2013)
(b) Samba Communications Limited; telecom services
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.