Simon Kirby’s voting in Parliament
Simon Kirby is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Simon Kirby sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Simon Kirby consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Simon Kirby’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Simon Kirby’s full vote analysis page for more.
Simon Kirby has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Thank you, m’Lud.
Will my right hon. Friend join me in welcoming the record number of business start-ups in sunny Brighton and Hove?
Does not the latest Labour U-turn on the jobs tax—perhaps it was forced into it—create an even bigger black hole in its finances? How will Labour balance the books?
More of Simon Kirby’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Brighton, Kemptown
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Private Finance Initiative
- Members: Correspondence
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Simon Kirby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 159 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Kirby’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Apr 2016.
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Brighton: (i) and (ii).
House in Brighton: (i). (Registered 29 May 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Samba Communications Limited; telecom services
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my sister, Rebecca Jane Kirby, as Office Manager
. (Registered 29 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from