A selection of Mark Reckless's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Reckless’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Reckless’s full vote analysis page for more.
The coalition agreement promised: “A House Business Committee, to consider government business, will be established by the third year of the Parliament.” Is the Leader of the House proud that instead of that, his legacy is continued Government control of the bulk of the parliamentary timetable to be exploited for partisan purposes as we see today?
Is the hon. Gentleman not concerned that subsection (b) of the Lords amendment, which would allow workers in these categories to extend for up to 12 months each time, might create a sub-category of foreign domestic servant, separate from the domestic labour market, and that would make exploitation more likely?
I am grateful for your indulgence, Madam Deputy Speaker. I entered the Chamber during the speech by the right hon. Member for Delyn (Mr Hanson), who made some compelling points. I intended only to listen to the debate before making up my mind between the Government’s and the Opposition’s approach, and I am pleased that the differences seem to have narrowed. There appears, at least...
More of Mark Reckless’s recent appearances
Former UKIP MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Party was Conservative until 30 Sep 2014
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Thames Estuary Airport
- Aviation: Olympic Games 2012
- Teachers: Training
- Loans: Republic of Ireland
- Power Stations
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Sep 2014)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Mark Reckless’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 45.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments for articles written for Associated Newspapers Ltd, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT:
17 April 2014
, received payment of £150 from The Guardian Media Group, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU, for an article in the Observer. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 7 May 2014)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Cllr Peter Rodberg
(b) Address of donor: private
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(b) Date of acceptance: 24 February 2015
(b) Donor status: individual
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: Moss House, 15-16 Brooks Mews, London W1K 4DS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £13,000
Date of acceptance of donation: 25 November 2014
Donor status: limited liability partnership
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from