How Jo Johnson voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Jo Johnson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jo Johnson occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice (1) what the average length of time taken for the completion of coroner inquests was in (a) 2009, (b) 2010 and (c) 2011; (2) what steps he is taking to reduce the length of time taken for the completion of coroner inquests; (3) what effect he expects the appointment of a chief coroner will have on the time taken to complete coroner inquests.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport what assessment she has made of the effectiveness of (a) the Telephone Preference Service, (b) Ofcom and (c) the Information Commissioner's Office in preventing unsolicited sales and marketing calls.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport what information her Department holds on the volume of unsolicited sales and marketing calls made over the last five years.
More of Jo Johnson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Orpington
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- BBC World Service: India
- Biggin Hill Airport: Olympic Games 2012
- Official Visits
- Driving: Sleep Apnoea
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Cabinet Office)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (25 Apr 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from