How Alec Shelbrooke voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
See more votes Alec Shelbrooke has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Alec Shelbrooke hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Following on from my right hon. Gentleman’s comments about GCHQ staff, what did he make of the Business Secretary’s comments that The Guardian Snowden publication was entirely correct and courageous, and will he outline his assessment of the effect that has had on the morale of our public servants at GCHQ?
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the more far-reaching geopolitical issue of the possible involvement of Russia shows why this country must maintain its strong defence force and maintain and renew Trident to ensure that there is a strong deterrent for any world power that may be thinking of getting involved in these things?
Will my right hon. Friend clarify what he believes to be the difference between tax avoidance and tax efficiency?
More of Alec Shelbrooke's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Elmet and Rothwell
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Gardens: Property Development
- Prisons: Construction
- Medical Records
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 23 Jun 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Dec 2013 to 14 May 2014)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 129 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from