This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Charlotte Leslie’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Bristol North West
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Charlotte Leslie
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Charlotte Leslie voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Education, Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): NHS Property Services, Gcse, Biofuels, Care Quality Commission, Pupil Exclusions
(based on written questions asked by Charlotte Leslie and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Health: Clinical Commissioning Groups (28 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what guidance his Department provides on a clinical commissioning group's right to withhold from publication a register of the interests of its board members.”
- Written Answers — Health: NHS Property Services (28 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many (a) communications, (b) press and (c) public relations officers are employed by NHS Property Services; and what the salary is of each officer.”
- Written Answers — Women and Equalities: Civil Partnerships (28 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Minister for Women and Equalities what progress has been made on the review to consider legalising heterosexual civil partnerships.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 128 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 138 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Charlotte Leslie’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register