This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Mike Weatherley’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Hove
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Mike Weatherley
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Mike Weatherley voted on key issues:
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Health, Energy and Climate Change, Transport, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, Squatting, Intellectual Property, Copyright, Telephone Services
(based on written questions asked by Mike Weatherley and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Written Answers — International Development: Telephone Services (1 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what geographic telephone numbers her Department advertises for use by the general public.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Telephone Services (1 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what geographic telephone numbers his Department advertises for use by the general public.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Telephone Services (28 Oct 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what his Department's policy is on the use of geographical telephone numbers to allow the public to contact his Department.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Weatherley’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register