This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jason McCartney’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Colne Valley
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jason McCartney
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jason McCartney voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Transport Committee (since 10 Jun 2013)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Treasury, Defence, Work and Pensions, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Energy, Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs, Health Services: Foreign Nationals, Industrial Health and Safety, Hepatitis
(based on written questions asked by Jason McCartney and answered by departments)
- Business of the House (12 Dec 2013)
“May we have a debate on nuisance calls? Time and again, my constituents are being plagued by automated and unwarranted nuisance sales calls. These are often via unidentified numbers and can be particularly worrying for isolated people, especially the elderly who live on their own.”
- UK Relations with Ukraine (10 Dec 2013)
“There is a vibrant Ukrainian community in Huddersfield, next to my constituency. I look forward to celebrating Ukrainian Christmas with them yet again in the first weekend of January. Recently, we have been campaigning for recognition of the Holodomor as a genocide. Does my hon. Friend agree that we must continue to urge the Foreign Office to do everything that it can to stop the immediate...”
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“May we have a debate on transparency in local government? In the past week, Labour councillors voted en bloc in Kirklees to approve a supermarket in Slaithwaite, despite local concerns and a last-minute plea from 39 local businesses. Members in this House are held accountable in a transparent way for how they vote. Does my right hon. Friend agree that local councillors should be held...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 62 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jason McCartney’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register