How Jason McCartney voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jason McCartney sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Walsall South (Valerie Vaz), who raised a number of very local issues. We particularly enjoyed all her impersonations. She may get some extra bookings after that. For tabloid purposes, we are about to head off to a sun-kissed exotic beach for seven weeks, but, back in the real world of being a local MP representing the area my family and friends...
More of Jason McCartney's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Colne Valley
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
- Health Services: Foreign Nationals
- Direct Selling
- Industrial Health and Safety
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
Payment of £450 for completing six opinion surveys between April 2013 and February 2014. Hours: 3 hrs in total. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 29 April 2014)
Payment from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY:
Payment of £200 for opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. Payment donated to local charities. (Registered10 September 2013)
Payment of £200 for opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 29 January 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: Kurdistan Regional Government UK
Representation at 4th Floor, 23 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Travel and accommodation with an estimated value of £1,400
Destination of visit: Kurdistan region of Iraq
Date of visit: 31 May to 3 June 2013
Purpose of visit: Factfinding visit to meet senior officials, the Bishop of Erbil and civic groups, and to visit the Syrian refugee camp at Domiz
(Registered 20 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.