A selection of Jonathan Lord's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Details
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jonathan Lord never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what steps his Department has taken to help military personnel whose employment ceased as a result of the reduction in regular troop numbers to find alternative work.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what steps he is taking to increase the availability of fibre-optic broadband to businesses in (a) Woking constituency, (b) Surrey and (c) the South East.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what estimate he has made of the proportion of households with access to fibre-optic broadband in (a) Woking constituency and (b) Surrey in each of the last five years.
More of Jonathan Lord’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Woking
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Transport
- Cabinet Office
- Railways: Woking
- Entry Clearances: Overseas Students
- Magistrates Courts: Surrey
- South West Trains
- Affordable Housing: Surrey
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 40 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 94.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 175 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Lord’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from