Former Labour MP for Bolton West
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Northern Rail: Rolling Stock
- Neuromuscular Disorders: North West
- Railways: North West
- Employment and Support Allowance
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (19 Mar 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (7 Nov 2011 to 12 Dec 2012)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 243 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from