Brandon Lewis’s voting in Parliament
Brandon Lewis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Brandon Lewis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Brandon Lewis consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Brandon Lewis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Brandon Lewis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Brandon Lewis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The voluntary Right to Buy will give 1.3 million housing association tenants the opportunity to purchase a home. For every home sold through the voluntary Right to Buy or the sale of higher value vacant housing, at least one additional home will be built and for every higher value property sold in London, two will be built, increasing overall supply.
It is my great pleasure to deliver the closing remarks in today’s debate. It is also nice to see the shadow Housing Minister in the Chamber, taking an interest. Given his absence throughout much of our deliberations on the Housing and Planning Act 2016 in the previous Session, I wondered where he had got to. Happily, there has been no back seat for the Government’s agenda on local...
I am slightly surprised, if not disappointed, by the hon. Lady’s slightly snipey intervention, because I have not finished mentioning what Members spoke about. If she had paid more attention when she was speaking, she would have seen that I listened to everything she said, particularly about the pensions Bill. I will ensure that the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions reads her...
More of Brandon Lewis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Great Yarmouth
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Postal Services
- RRS Discovery
- Public Transport: Concessions
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Communities and Local Government) (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (18 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Brandon Lewis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brandon Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 442 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: PriceWaterhouse Coopers LLP
Address of donor: 1 Embankment Place, London WC2N 6RH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Services of support staff from 11 September 2015
to 11 January 2016
, total value £7,503.66
Date of receipt: 11 September 2015
Date of acceptance: 11 September 2015
Donor status: limited liability partnership, OC303525
(Registered 08 October 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Essex, owned jointly with my wife: (i) and (until 1 March 2016
) (ii). (Registered 12 November 2012
; updated 14 March 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from