This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Brandon Lewis’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Great Yarmouth
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government (since 6 Sep 2012) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Brandon Lewis
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Brandon Lewis voted on key issues:
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Business, Innovation and Skills, Health, Work and Pensions, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Postal Services, RRS Discovery, Public Transport: Concessions, James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Pensions
(based on written questions asked by Brandon Lewis and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Local Audit and AccountabilityBill Committee (9 out of 9)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Local Government Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Localism Bill Committee (24 out of 24)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Select Committee (9 Dec 2013)
“Communities and Local Government: Performance of the Department 2013.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Nick Boles MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Kris Hopkins MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Brandon Lewis MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Stephen Williams MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“I beg to move an amendment, to leave out from ‘House’ to end and add: “acknowledges that this Government is taking decisive action to back business and make Britain’s economy work for everyone; notes that the Government has cut business rates, National Insurance and corporation tax for small firms despite the need to tackle the deficit left by the last Administration;...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 87.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brandon Lewis’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 195 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register