How Brandon Lewis voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Brandon Lewis hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Statistics on delivery of affordable housing by local authority area are published in the Department’s live table 1008, which is available at: www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/live-tables-on-a ffordable-housing-supply These statistics include both newly built housing and acquisitions, and include figures for 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13. Further statistics will be published...
The following 18 authorities in England and Wales have had their Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules approved at examination but are yet to either formerly adopt, or to start charging, the levy: Barking and Dagenham Haringey Hertsmere Hillingdon Islington Lambeth Lewisham New Forest Richmond Upon Thames Rhondda Cynon Taf Sedgemoor Sevenoaks Surrey Heath Tandridge Teignbridge West...
According to the English Housing Survey, in 2012 there were around 116,000 (7%) local authority homes affected by damp, down from 214,000 (12%) in 2009. The Department for Communities and Local Government have allocated £2.26 billion of decent homes funding for 2011-16 to further reduce this number.
More of Brandon Lewis's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Great Yarmouth
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Postal Services
- RRS Discovery
- Public Transport: Concessions
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Communities and Local Government (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
- Member, Regulatory Reform (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 86.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Brandon Lewis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 261 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
Director of Woodlands Schools Ltd, 428 Rayleigh Road, Hutton CM13 1SD. Private primary schools. (Resigned 17 September 2012.)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Brine Flow Properties & Handling Ltd
(b) Address of donor: 51 East Quay, South Denes Road, Great Yarmouth
, Norfolk NR30 3PR
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(b) Date of receipt: 11 December 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 11 December 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration 07492050
(b) (Registered 14 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Great Yarmouth , owned jointly with my wife, from which rental income was derived until 24 September 2013. (Registered 6 September 2012; updated 26 September 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.