Does Margot James respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Margot James responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Margot James’s voting in Parliament
Margot James is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Margot James sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Margot James consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margot James’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margot James’s full vote analysis page for more.
Margot James has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
That was succinct.
You are eligible to run for leadership of the Labour party, then.
We heard this morning about Downhills primary school and the campaign against its academisation. I am a governor of a school in Stourbridge which is now an academy and the process of academisation there took place against an orchestrated campaign, which ran for more than 12 months. Given those experiences and the potentially even greater struggle that failing schools or struggling schools in...
More of Margot James’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stourbridge
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Human Trafficking
- NHS: Drugs
- Industrial Health and Safety
- Higher Education: Admissions
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 8 Nov 2012)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Margot James’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margot James’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 148 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Cottage in Worcestershire: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Violet Productions; film production
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from