How Sheryll Murray voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Sheryll Murray speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Sheryll Murray occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will my hon. Friend guarantee to the House today that he will do everything he can to seek additional quota in the negotiations next year to ensure that British fisherman can continue to fish for the whole year without this disastrous effect?
Handline mackerel is a superb, sustainably caught fish, and many fishermen from my constituency have been struggling to secure a realistic price during the summer. How are the Government helping Cornish mackerel fishermen, and mackerel and herring fishermen throughout the UK, to combat the Russian trade embargo?
The hon. Gentleman might be interested to learn that I am here because I choose to be. I believe in giving my constituents a say, and I trust them to make this decision. Does he not trust his constituents to do that?
More of Sheryll Murray's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
- Merlin Helicopters
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 72 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Mr John Cotton
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 25 April 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Torpoint Conservative Club
(a) Address of donor: 30 Macey St, Torpoint, PL11 2AH
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 22 September 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): airfare and accommodation, £915
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2014
(Registered 8 October 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in South East Cornwall
from which rental income is received. The property is owned by a trust of which I am a beneficiary. (Registered 6 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from