How Sheryll Murray voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Sheryll Murray occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Small-boat fishermen in South East Cornwall and throughout Cornwall are concerned that a discard ban, along with their tiny share of the UK quota from the EU total allowable catch, will affect their economic viability. Does the Minister agree that repatriation of UK waters should have preceded a discard ban? Will he take forward a request to include repatriation of UK waters in future...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what progress she has made in implementing the EU discard ban.
My constituency was built on small businesses and the ingenuity of those who run them, but I must express some concerns that I discussed with one of my constituents, James Staughton, who owns St Austell brewery, when he invited me to a dinner recently. St Austell brewery has about 170 pubs, and although I welcome the protections afforded in the Bill to hard-working pub tenants, I wish to...
More of Sheryll Murray's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
- Merlin Helicopters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Mr John Cotton
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 25 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in South East Cornwall
from which rental income is received. The property is owned by a trust of which I am a beneficiary. (Registered 6 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.