I thank the hon. Member for St Ives (Andrew George), whose constituency encompasses west Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, for bringing forward the Bill, which allows me to raise a number of points that are important to my constituents in the east of the county. Having a roof over one’s head is so important, especially in our climate. Making sure that some housing is available for...
I am confused because I thought that this Bill was the Affordable Homes Bill, but all I have heard is “bedroom tax, bedroom tax, bedroom tax”. It is actually a spare room subsidy. Does my hon. Friend agree?
More of Sheryll Murray's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
- Merlin Helicopters
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 71 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Mr John Cotton
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 25 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in South East Cornwall
from which rental income is received. The property is owned by a trust of which I am a beneficiary. (Registered 6 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from