Does Sheryll Murray respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Sheryll Murray responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Sheryll Murray’s voting in Parliament
Sheryll Murray is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sheryll Murray sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sheryll Murray consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sheryll Murray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sheryll Murray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sheryll Murray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Fisheries: White Fish
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Sheryll Murray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 140 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Looe Conservative Ladies Luncheon Club
Address of donor: Old Barbican Cottage, Barbican Hill, Looe, Cornwall PL13 1DZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: members’ association
(Registered 26 May 2016)
Name of donor: Taipei Representative Office
in the UK
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): airfare and accommodation for me and a member of staff; £3,250
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Date of visit: 26 July - 1 August 2015
Purpose of visit: UK Parliamentary Delegation from the Taiwan APPG
(Registered 07 September 2015
Name of donor: Cyprus House of Representatives
Address of donor: House of Representatives, 1402 Nicosia, Cyprus
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): transport and accommodation for me and a member of staff; £810.30
Destination of visit: Cyprus
Date of visit: 11 - 15 November 2015
Purpose of visit: UK Conservative Friends of Cyprus Parliamentary Delegation to examine the Cyprus Problem
(Registered 10 December 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over Â£100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from