Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament
How Sheryll Murray voted on key issues
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patientsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly against restricting the provision of services to private patients by the NHSDetails
- Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted for a smoking banDetails
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted moderately for equal gay rightsDetails
More on their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how much funding his Department is providing to help freeze council tax.
Does my hon. Friend agree that FLAGs operate under strict European rules? Replacement of fishing gear would not be included in that funding.
Does my hon. Friend agree that the small boat fishermen do not have the luxury of migrating or working in unusually strong weather? They suffer a lot from the consequences of the storms, and they should get help.
More of Sheryll Murray's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
- Merlin Helicopters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)