Here comes a tenuous link. The strength of the EU and the euro is critical not just for the economic success of the UK, but for regional growth. However, major concerns are rightly being raised about the effect that the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership negotiations will have on our national health service and public services. Will the Minister and his business team use this very...
I wish to present a petition on behalf of my constituents to prevent housing development on Midmar Paddock in Edinburgh. The petitioners declare that Midmar Paddock in Edinburgh is used by hundreds of people every week for open-air exercise with children, families and dogs, as a green lung in the city; further that it is green-belt land, a special landscape area, designated open space and a...
I wish to present a petition on development on green-belt land in Edinburgh. The petition states: The Petition of residents of the UK, Declares that the Local Development Plan 2015–2020 has proposed a number of sites on the south side of Edinburgh for development; further that local residents want the sites at Broomhills, Old Station Road, Burdiehouse, The Drum, Ellen’s Glen and...
More of Ian Murray’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Edinburgh South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Employment Tribunals Service
- Royal Mail
- Land Registry
- Minimum Wage
- Post Offices
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 209 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Pricewaterhouse Coopers
(b) Address of donor: 1 Embankment Place, London WC1N 6RM
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a research assistant, received via the Labour Party, to support me in my role at the Independent Export Commission from 10 November 2014 to 1 May 2015. The total value of the secondment is £45,000
(b) Date of receipt: 10 November 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 10 November2014
(b) Donor status: limited liability partnership
(b) (Registered 10 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Half share in a house in Edinburgh, from which rental income is derived. (Registered 29 June 2011)
(a) 100MPH Events Ltd (event management).
Unremunerated director of Foundation of Hearts, a consortium of supporters purchasing a controlling interest in Heart of Midlothian Football Club. (Registered 6 November 2013; updated 7 January 2015)
Unremunerated director of Heart of Midlothian Football Club plc (Registered 10 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from