At the Council did anyone raise the treatment of journalists? Does my right hon. Friend agree that the witch hunt that has seen several journalists from The Sun, for example, put through three years of hell and cases that juries keep throwing out is un-British, in that the Crown Prosecution Service is seeking to neuter the abilities of journalists to obtain information in the public interest?...
Has my right hon. Friend seen the comments made by activists from Cage, an organisation that receives charitable funds? What does she make of those comments, and will she take the opportunity to thank and congratulate in this House the security and intelligence services in this country for their excellent and brave work?
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 91.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 94 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of Donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of Donor: c/o Shelley Stock Hunter LLP
, 7-10 Chandos Street, London W1G 9DG
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation etc to a value of £1,250
Destination of Visit: Israel
Date of Visit: 22-25 April 2014
Purpose of Visit: Political delegation to Israel
(Registered 30 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
Vacant land in Staffordshire.
(a) Arnold Estates Ltd. UK
(a) Arnold Estates LLC
Properties Ltd. Property investment company. (Registered 27 May 2014)
(a) 11. Miscellaneous
(a) President (unpaid) of the Commonwealth Jewish Council, until October 2014. (Registered 18 January 2013; updated 22 October 2014)
(a) Barrister (non-practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from