How Duncan Hames voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Duncan Hames votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Duncan Hames hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
We have heard a compelling speech from the Chair of the Defence Select Committee, the hon. Member for Penrith and The Border (Rory Stewart), about the importance of investing in our own institutions. Is my hon. Friend suggesting that we also desperately need to invest in the legitimacy and authority of international institutions such as NATO and the chemical weapons convention, so that we...
I am trying not to approach this debate with the green eyes of a Wiltshire MP. I think that the hon. Gentleman is right to say that our international competitiveness is a critical consideration. Does he have any insight, through his research, into other approaches that have been taken with more success to achieve really substantive, robust internet connectivity for other urban centres and...
More of Duncan Hames's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Chippenham
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Employment and Support Allowance: Appeals
- Armed Forces: Disciplinary Proceedings
- Haemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- Appeals: Employment and Support Allowance
- Great Western Railway
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 83 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Duncan Hames’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 107 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Lord Strasburger
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 25 March 2014)
(a) Address of donor: 35 South Street, London W1K 2XE
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: fundraising dinner, valued at £5,000
(a) Donor status: company
(a) (Registered 25 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from