This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Stuart Andrew’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Pudsey
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Stuart Andrew
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Stuart Andrew voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Home Department, Work and Pensions, Transport, Electoral Commission Committee
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Heart Diseases: Children, NHS: Pensions, Heart Diseases, Armed Forces: Pay, Training
(based on written questions asked by Stuart Andrew and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Prisons (Property) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (12 out of 13)
- Opposition Day — [14th Allotted Day] — Cyber-bullying (3 Dec 2013)
“It is rather intimidating to follow all the wonderful contributions that we have heard. I thank the DUP for choosing this topic. Last time I contributed to an Opposition day debate for which they had chosen the topic, it was on suicide prevention. I am glad that the DUP has chosen yet another important and challenging issue. During that debate, I talked about my personal experience and a...”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Health: Topical Questions (26 Nov 2013)
“The new review into children’s heart units feels very different, and I am pleased that everything is on the table. However, I was concerned to learn that the task and finish group has decided to meet in private. Given the group’s importance in decision making, and remembering the experience of the Safe and Sustainable review, does my hon. Friend agree that, in the interests of...”
- Written Answers — Health: Congenital Hearth Disease Review (26 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what recent progress has been made on the Congenital Heart Disease review.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stuart Andrew’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register