How Gavin Barwell voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Get email notifications when Gavin Barwell votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gavin Barwell hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Better than the 1970s though.
That was a debate on squirrels that I will never forget—I was not entirely sure whether the red squirrel was a metaphor for socialism.
When the Labour party left government, 770 young people in my constituency were out of work. Today, there are just 585, and we now have Westfield and Hammerson proposing to invest £1.5 billion to transform our town centre and create thousands of jobs. Will the Prime Minister meet me to discuss how the Government can help with the infrastructure improvements that will end the scourge of...
More of Gavin Barwell's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon Central
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Communities and Local Government
- Smoking: Health Services
- Youth Unemployment: London
- Heathrow Airport
- Autism: Children
Currently held offices
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Barwell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: LOCff Consulting Limited
Address of donor : 4 City Road, London EC1Y 2AA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to the semi-finals of the AEGON
championships at the Queen’s Club; value £1,296
Date of receipt of donation: 13 June 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 15 June 2013
Donor status: company
(Registered 17 July 2013)
Chairman of the Governors of Trinity School
. (Registered 19 December 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from