Gavin Barwell’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Barwell is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gavin Barwell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Barwell consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Gavin Barwell consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Barwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Barwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Barwell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Which taxes are you going to put up?
On a point of order, Ms Dorries. As you know, the Minister was at ECOFIN until the early hours of this morning and is currently returning to Westminster. Following consultation with Opposition Front-Benchers, I therefore ask that the Committee be suspended until 10 am.
Better than the 1970s though.
More of Gavin Barwell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Communities and Local Government
- Smoking: Health Services
- Youth Unemployment: London
- Heathrow Airport
- Autism: Children
Currently held offices
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (since 13 May 2015)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (15 Jul 2014 to 13 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Barwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Barwell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Apr 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and associated hospitality at Crystal Palace
v West Ham
football match for my son and myself; value £600
Date received: 17 October 2015
Date accepted: 17 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration number 02719699
(Registered 16 November 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from