This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jake Berry’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Rossendale and Darwen
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jake Berry
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jake Berry voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Education, Culture Media and Sport, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Pupils: Disadvantaged, Disability Living Allowance, Mobile Phones, Heart Diseases, Academies
(based on written questions asked by Jake Berry and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Small Businesses (28 Nov 2013)
“I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Newton Abbot (Anne Marie Morris) on securing this important debate. Before I go on to talk about the challenges that businesses face—I am sure we would all recognise them from our constituencies—I would like to celebrate some of the successes of small businesses, particularly those in east Lancashire. Moving from having a salary paid...”
- Small Businesses (28 Nov 2013)
“On the issue of late payment, my hon. Friend may be aware that the court system can make judgments on small business interest rates whereby a punitive rate of interest is paid by a large business to a smaller one if it fails to pay. Would she welcome the introduction of such a provision to other small business contracts?”
- Backbench Business — Finances of the House of Commons (21 Nov 2013)
“The hon. Lady mentions the education centre. A brand new secondary school in my constituency —the Darwen Aldridge community academy—was constructed for just over £20,000. We have heard—”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 145 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jake Berry’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 51 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register