A selection of Nick de Bois's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nick de Bois’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nick de Bois’s full vote analysis page for more.
I want to put it on record that that has been examined by many people, but it is nowhere near the standard that we require for A-level and it will not achieve the objective, for example, of helping someone get into a university with that qualification.
More of Nick de Bois’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Enfield North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Drinking Water
- Drugs: Misuse
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 133 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
Of 3rd Step Broadcast:
Payment of £1,025 received from Global Radio, 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA for providing Saturday presenter cover on three occasions. Payment retained by 3rd Step Broadcast for the winner of a constituency
entrepreneurs scheme. Hours: 7 hrs on each occasion; 21 hrs in total. (Registered 17 December 2014)
(a)Director and sole shareholder in 3rd Step Broadcast (Registered 11 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from