I rise to present a petition in the same terms on behalf of the residents of Redditch County. They do not want any more powers transferred away from this House, and want to ensure that English Members of Parliament are able to take decisions that only affect them. The Petition of residents of Redditch County. [P001465]
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps she has taken to protect the welfare of vulnerable people in custody.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what progress he has made on meeting the target of installing energy efficiency measures in one million homes by March 2015.
More of Karen Lumley’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Redditch
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Politics and Government
- Cancer: Drugs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
£1,000 received from Megatrend University, 8 Goce Delceva, Belgrade, Serbia, for delivering a lecture. Hours: 1.5 hrs. Megatrend University also met the costs of return flights for me and my husband. (Registered 18 March 2015)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Taipei Representative Office in the UK
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £2,350, hotels £900, meals £250 and transportation £140; total £3,640
Destination of visit: Taipei, Taiwan
Date of visit: 19-26 October 2014
Purpose of visit: invited as part of the Transport Committee to learn more about Taiwan, including high speed rail.
(Registered 11 November 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part ownership of a flat in Cardiff (Registered 22 June 2011; updated 21 February 2013)
Part ownership of a house in Redditch (Registered 21 February 2013)
(a) RKL Geological Services, consultancy company. (Registered 16 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from