I am today publishing the list of successful bidders to the first round of the first world war centenary cathedral repairs fund. The £20 million fund, which was announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer at Budget 2014, will enable cathedrals to undertake urgent repair work. Cathedrals are powerful symbols of Britain’s shared history and will be especially important as the nation...
Through the work of the national lottery promotions unit and individual national lottery distributors, we continue to raise awareness of funding for good causes. Demand for lottery funding continues to outstrip supply, with over £1.5 billion spent on national lottery projects in just the past 12 months.
I have visited Bletchley Park a number of times, as I am sure all hon. Members have done, to look at its vivid story and see how that is brought to life. I would be more than happy to do so again. It is a fitting tribute to the remarkable men and women who worked there, including a wonderful woman in my own constituency, Betty Webb, who served there. I am delighted that Bletchley Park has...
More of Sajid Javid's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions: Finance
- Indonesia: Religious Freedom
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Railways: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Equality (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Sep 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 77.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sajid Javid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 1150 Seventeenth Street NW
, Washington, DC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, etc, total £3,707.42
Destination of visit: Sea Island, Georgia, USA
Date of visit: 6-7 March 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend and speak at conference to discuss contemporary political and economic issues with policy-makers from other countries
(Registered 2 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Bristol.
House in London from which rental income is received. (Registered 25 February 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.