How Sajid Javid voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Sajid Javid speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Sajid Javid hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Culture, Media and Sport: Future of the BBC.
Witnesses: Mrs Rona Fairhead CBE, Chair, BBC Trust, David Liddiment, BBC Trustee and Jon Zeff, Director, BBC Trust; Rt Hon. Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
On 9 September 2014 I announced my intention to begin a review into TV licence enforcement. I am pleased today to announce the publication of the terms of reference for the review of television licence enforcement. The review will begin gathering evidence this autumn and will conclude by the end of June 2015. The review will be independently led on behalf of the Government by David Perry QC....
I am today publishing the list of successful bidders to the first round of the first world war centenary cathedral repairs fund. The £20 million fund, which was announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer at Budget 2014, will enable cathedrals to undertake urgent repair work. Cathedrals are powerful symbols of Britain’s shared history and will be especially important as the nation...
More of Sajid Javid's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions: Finance
- Indonesia: Religious Freedom
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Railways: Finance
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Equality (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Sep 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 76.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sajid Javid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 1150 Seventeenth Street NW
, Washington, DC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, etc, total £3,707.42
Destination of visit: Sea Island, Georgia, USA
Date of visit: 6-7 March 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend and speak at conference to discuss contemporary political and economic issues with policy-makers from other countries
(Registered 2 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Bristol.
House in London from which rental income is received. (Registered 25 February 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from