A selection of Julian Sturdy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Julian Sturdy occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, when his Department plans to reply to the letter of 5 August 2014 from the hon. Member for York Outer to the Minister of State for the Armed Forces, about the relocation of 15 North East Brigade from Imphal Barracks.
I rise to present a petition in the same terms as that of my hon. Friend the Member for Beverley and Holderness (Mr Stuart) on behalf of my constituents in York Outer. It calls for English votes for English laws to deliver fairness for all. The Petition of the residents of York Outer. [P001477]
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to the debate on police widows pensions of 25 February, Official Report, columns 126-133WH, what steps she is taking to ensure all police widowers receive life-long pensions.
More of Julian Sturdy’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for York Outer
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Wind Power
- Non-domestic Rates: Empty Property
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 128 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 105 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
I am a partner in G E Sturdy & Son; a farming partnership. Address: Westgate Farm, North Deighton, Wetherby, LS22 4EN. I provide administrative support for the partnership, as well as doing some buying and selling at certain times. This amounts to no more than 4 hours a week.
March 2014, I received £500. (Registered 19 June 2014)
April 2014, I received £500. (Registered 19 June 2014)
May 2014, I received £500. (Registered 17 July 2014)
June 2014, I received £500. (Registered 17 July 2014)
July 2014, I received £500. (Registered 2 September 2014)
August 2014, I received £500. (Registered 2 September 2014)
October 2014, I received £500. (Registered 8 January 2015)
November 2014, I received £500. (Registered 8 January 2015)
December 2014, I received £500. (Registered 8 January 2015)
January 2015, I received £500. (Registered 24 February 2015)
February 2015, I received £500. (Registered 24 February 2015)
March 2015, I received £500. (Registered 25 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from