How Valerie Vaz voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Valerie Vaz hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Kingswood (Chris Skidmore), who was formerly a member of the Select Committee on Health. It is good to see that he has not lost his interest in the health service and that he is keeping up the population at the same time. These debates are always a good time to raise various issues on behalf of our constituents, and a number of Members have...
More of Valerie Vaz's recent appearances
Labour MP for Walsall South
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Telephone Services
- Dental Services
- NHS: Reorganisation
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 113 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Valerie Vaz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Walsall South CLP
(a) Address of donor: Bellamy House, Wilkes Street, Willenhall, Walsall, WV13 2BS
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,660 raised in respect of a fundraising event held on 5 December 2013 for the benefit of Walsall South Constituency Labour Party (CLP). Part of the money will be donated to another CLP. The event was hosted by Walsall College
who provided refreshments, and which amounted to a registrable donation in kind as set out below.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 2 January 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Walsall College Academies Trust (Company Registration Number 07754696)
(a) Address of donor: Wisemore Campus, Littleton Street West, Walsall, West Midlands WS2 8ES.
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,400 donation in kind for hosting event and providing refreshments
(a) Donor status: Company, Registration number 07754696
(a) (Registered 2 January 2014)
Solicitor (not practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.