Given that the budgets for rape victims have been devolved to police and crime commissioners, what steps can be taken to ring-fence those budgets so that they are there for survivors and victims?
May we have an urgent statement on a code of practice in the NHS that makes the interests of children paramount and that balances the views of parents and clinicians so that public money is not wasted in court and police costs?
What steps his Department is taking to ensure that scientific advice carries appropriate weight across government.
More of Valerie Vaz's recent appearances
Labour MP for Walsall South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Telephone Services
- Dental Services
- NHS: Reorganisation
Currently held offices
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee
- Member, Regulatory Reform
- Member, Health Committee
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 119 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Valerie Vaz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Walsall South CLP
(a) Address of donor: Bellamy House, Wilkes Street, Willenhall, Walsall, WV13 2BS
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,660 raised in respect of a fundraising event held on 5 December 2013 for the benefit of Walsall South Constituency Labour Party (CLP). Part of the money will be donated to another CLP. The event was hosted by Walsall College
who provided refreshments, and which amounted to a registrable donation in kind as set out below.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 2 January 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Walsall College Academies Trust (Company Registration Number 07754696)
(a) Address of donor: Wisemore Campus, Littleton Street West, Walsall, West Midlands WS2 8ES.
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,400 donation in kind for hosting event and providing refreshments
(a) Donor status: Company, Registration number 07754696
(a) (Registered 2 January 2014)
Solicitor (not practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from