How Valerie Vaz voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Get email notifications when Valerie Vaz speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Valerie Vaz hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. This is in fact further to the point of order raised by the hon. Member for Bristol North West (Charlotte Leslie). Could we have your guidance on whether or not a referral relates to a letter that has gone to the Standards Committee or a letter to you? Should the hon. Lady not have given us a courtesy when she released informal notes of conversations in...
What recent estimate he has made of the average level of indebtedness of people who have taken out student loans.
The fact remains that young people will be leaving university with an unsecured debt of over £43,000. Does the Minister agree that this will place an intolerable strain on middle-income families?
More of Valerie Vaz's recent appearances
Labour MP for Walsall South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Telephone Services
- Dental Services
Currently held offices
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee (since 16 Oct 2014)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (since 12 Jul 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Valerie Vaz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
17 December 2014, received £600 plus £75 travel expenses from ITV
Services Limited, Trafford Wharf, Trafford M17 1FZ, for an appearance on Christmas 'University Challenge', recorded 29 November 2014. Hours: 4.5 hrs excluding travel. (Registered 8 January 2015)
Solicitor (not practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from