A selection of Dan Byles's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dan Byles’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dan Byles’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, whether any recent study has been made of the value for money and operation of the Reserve Forces and Cadets' Associations.
I warmly welcome the Budget, and welcome the fact that the Chancellor resisted the urge, which all Chancellors face, to pull a pre-election rabbit out of a hat. Instead, we saw a competent Budget by a competent Chancellor that continues the excellent work of rebuilding Britain’s battered economy. The headline figures are very welcome: the deficit is falling; national debt as a...
It has been an honour and a privilege to be the Member of Parliament for North Warwickshire for the past five years, and I am particularly proud that in that time crime in North Warwickshire has fallen. There are more doctors and nurses in the George Eliot hospital, and the number of schools rated as needing improvement has halved. Perhaps most importantly, unemployment in North Warwickshire...
More of Dan Byles’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for North Warwickshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Railways: Construction
- Electricity Generation
- Natural Gas: Storage
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (1 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: JCB
(a) Address of donor: Lakeside Works, Rocester ST14 5JP
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: company, registration 682651
(a) (Registered 2 July 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Global CCS
Address of donor: Level 6, 707 Collins Street, Docklands VIC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation amounting to £4,942
Destination of visit: Abu Dhabi
Date of visit: 4-6 November 2014
Purpose of visit: to speak at the Global Status of CCS conference.
(Registered 24 November 2014)
8. Land and Property
Half-share of flat in Sussex.
After standing down from Parliament in 2015, I will be joining the software company LivingPlanIT as a senior executive. (Registered 28 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from