How Tom Blenkinsop voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Tom Blenkinsop hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
When I asked the current Defence Secretary whether the USO could be changed by statutory instrument, he said that was not the case. He later wrote to me saying that it was the case.
I apologise for missing the first two minutes of my hon. Friend’s speech in this very important debate. Does she accept that, although Labour Members voted to maintain the public ownership of Royal Mail, it is now notionally a private company? The USO is about providing a service, irrespective of the company that does it, across the country. There has to be an understanding from the...
I congratulate my constituency neighbour on his new position. Earlier, the right hon. Gentleman said that he will have to come to this place often and reflect the Government’s position to the House. With his new powers, will he give us a statement on whether he supports or opposes the Health Secretary’s confirmation of the decision to close maternity services in Friarage hospital?
More of Tom Blenkinsop's recent appearances
Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Fire Services
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Regional Planning and Development
- Public Sector: Mutual Societies
- National Insurance Contributions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (4 Jul 2011 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Standards and Privileges (22 Nov 2010 to 7 Nov 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) My wife and I jointly have shares in Balmoral Terrace (Saltburn by the Sea) Management Company Limited, which manages and maintains the building in which I live. I am also an unremunerated director of the company. (Registered 3 September 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.