The Business Secretary will know that manufacturing has hardly shifted as a percentage of GDP in a period when Tata Steel is potentially selling off half its UK operations to a gentleman with a spurious background in that industry. Is he really saying that the march of the makers and manufacturing is doing so well when 20,000 to 30,000 jobs might be at risk because of de-investment in British...
Yes, the Chancellor announced that, but he had said that the compensation scheme would come in much earlier than next year. The Tata long products division is still operating under the existing conditions and, may I add, with a carbon floor price brought in unilaterally by this Government—without any discussion with the industry—which is jeopardising all those jobs. Will the...
At least the Secretary of State is being consistent on this issue. Will he confirm that in 2012 the Government froze the national minimum wage for those under 21?
More of Tom Blenkinsop’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Fire Services
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Regional Planning and Development
- Public Sector: Mutual Societies
- National Insurance Contributions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (4 Jul 2011 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (22 Nov 2010 to 7 Nov 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 40 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 140 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Community Union
(a) Address of donor: 465c Caledonian Road, Holloway, London N7 9GX
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(a) (Registered 13 February 2015)
(a) My wife and I jointly have shares in Balmoral Terrace (Saltburn by the Sea) Management Company Limited, which manages and maintains the building in which I lived. I was also an unremunerated director of the company; until December 2014. (Registered 3 September 2012; updated 13 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from