How Gavin Shuker voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Gavin Shuker votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gavin Shuker hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Further to my hon. Friends’ questions, will the Minister explain how Government programmes such as Prevent are being altered in the light of the immediate threat that IS poses as regards the risk of losing British nationals overseas, as opposed to the response of the Government, which is often about preventing those extremists from returning to this country?
I am extremely grateful that you have allowed me to speak, Mr Hollobone, and I will keep my remarks short. As you mentioned, I have just got off a plane at Heathrow and so missed the early contributions to this debate, for which I feel greatly the poorer. I want to make two specific points. First, from listening to the debate I understand that there seems to be a question about the legitimacy...
What steps he is taking to secure a legally binding global climate agreement.
More of Gavin Shuker's recent appearances
Labour MP for Luton South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- First Capital Connect
- Food Banks
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Mar 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 18 Jul 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 54 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Shuker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 111 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: 53 Romney St, London SW1P 3RF
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Four days a week voluntary service from October 2013 to July 2014 provided by a volunteer intern who is self funding except for a bursary of £7,150 as a member of the educational leadership programme at the charity CARE.
(b) Date of receipt: 22 October 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 22 October 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration no 3481417
(b) (Registered 30 October 20132)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Cantle Consulting Ltd
Address of donor: Morenish, Killin, Perthshire FK21 8TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Developmental Training Programme with a value of £2,950 plus VAT
Date of receipt of donation: 13-16 May 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 13-16 May 2013
Donor status: company, registration no SC288903
(Registered 7 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from