The Minister is making a principled, sensible argument for the provisions in the amendment tabled by the hon. Member for Wirral South. Will he give a commitment, saying that the costs of the audit would be made public and available? Obviously, it would then be for other people to understand the relative costs of that evaluation, to ensure that those were not out of kilter with the rest of the...
Just to jog the Minister’s memory, I also asked specifically about situations in which the body envisaged in new clause 2 would make recommendations, and what duty the Secretary of State would have to respond to those recommendations in terms of the value for money function.
I absolutely agree with the right hon. Gentleman. All of us who believe in the power of the UK to take global leadership and make a difference around the world need to constantly make the case about the value to the UK taxpayer in doing so, but we also need to look at the projects going on around the world to see whether they represent value for the communities being served. My primary...
More of Gavin Shuker's recent appearances
Labour MP for Luton South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- First Capital Connect
- Food Banks
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Mar 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 18 Jul 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Shuker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 118 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: 53 Romney St, London SW1P 3RF
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Four days a week voluntary service from October 2013 to July 2014 provided by a volunteer intern who is self funding except for a bursary of £7,150 as a member of the educational leadership programme at the charity CARE.
(b) Date of receipt: 22 October 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 22 October 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration no 3481417
(b) (Registered 30 October 2013)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,011.18
Destination of visit: El Salvador
Date of visit: 6-11 September 2014
Purpose of visit: to visit communities directly affected by climate change, meet parliamentarians, officials and a government minister
working on the issue, and to meet other Christian Aid partner organisations.
(Registered 23 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from