How Gavin Shuker voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Gavin Shuker hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Does the Prime Minister accept that one major impediment to a lasting ceasefire in Gaza is the widely held belief across the Palestinian occupied territories, the wider middle east and our own constituencies that Israel has not lived up to its previous commitments under previous ceasefires? Furthermore, does he accept that the normal test he would apply on the deliberate targeting of...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Ms Dorries. I shall of course be mindful of the fact that others want to speak. My hon. Friend the Member for Wythenshawe and Sale East (Mike Kane) did a fantastic job of setting out the situation, and I want to develop one or two pertinent points in more detail. We are grateful, as you will know, Ms Dorries, in Luton South and the wider...
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing this debate, as well as on working out in his short time in the House how to get such a high attendance at a Westminster Hall debate. Does he agree that one effect of this period in which there has been a relative vacuum in aviation policy has been that regional airports have been able to step in to fill the gap? For example, without significant...
More of Gavin Shuker's recent appearances
Labour MP for Luton South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- First Capital Connect
- Food Banks
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Mar 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 18 Jul 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 54 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Shuker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: 53 Romney St, London SW1P 3RF
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Four days a week voluntary service from October 2013 to July 2014 provided by a volunteer intern who is self funding except for a bursary of £7,150 as a member of the educational leadership programme at the charity CARE.
(b) Date of receipt: 22 October 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 22 October 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration no 3481417
(b) (Registered 30 October 20132)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Cantle Consulting Ltd
Address of donor: Morenish, Killin, Perthshire FK21 8TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Developmental Training Programme with a value of £2,950 plus VAT
Date of receipt of donation: 13-16 May 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 13-16 May 2013
Donor status: company, registration no SC288903
(Registered 7 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.