In the short time available, I want to take the opportunity to thank all the people who have made standing here, in this cockpit of the nation, possible for a humble lad from Birmingham. First and foremost, I thank my family, without whom I would never have inherited my interest in politics, let alone the confidence to pursue it. I think that interest stems from my great grandmother, Nora...
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, if he will take steps to expedite the process for the licensing of Cannock Radio radio station in Cannock Chase constituency.
Next Monday, a seemingly minor amendment to the Road Traffic Acts—[Interruption.]
More of Aidan Burley's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Cannock Chase
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Audit Commission: Expenditure
- Business: Staffordshire
- Audit Commission: Conferences
- Travellers: Caravan Sites
- Schools: Governing Bodies
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 10 Jun 2013)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Feb 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Imperial Tobacco
Address of donor: PO Box 525, Winterstoke road, Bristol BS99 1LQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets for the men’s final at Wimbledon on 6 July 2014, and associated hospitality; total value abut £1,600
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, 1860181
(Registered 15 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
Joint owner (with my father) of a leasehold flat in London, from which rental income is received. (Registered 13 June 2011)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from