This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nicola Blackwood’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Oxford West and Abingdon
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nicola Blackwood
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nicola Blackwood voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Education, International Development, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Contracts, Universal Credit, Immigration Controls, Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre, Burma: Religious Freedom
(based on written questions asked by Nicola Blackwood and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“As an Oxford MP, I welcome the Chancellor’s personal commitment to science and his ongoing investment in Oxfordshire science. We already lead the world in key sectors, but does he agree that, as well as funding certainty, future STEM competitiveness will rely on us redoubling our efforts to raise school standards and increase our pool of highly skilled researchers and...”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Offences against Children (29 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what measures she is introducing to tackle the exploitation of children.”
- Descendants of Deceased Adopted People (Access to Information): Immigration Bill (22 Oct 2013)
“The Home Secretary is being generous in giving way. Does she agree that a process with so many in-built delays takes a toll not only on the taxpayer but on those going through the process, who have to live through so much uncertainty during that time? Does she also agree that if we are to require the decision makers to make a greater number of decisions earlier in the process, they will need...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 184 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicola Blackwood’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Address of donor : private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register