How Chris Heaton-Harris voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
See more votes Chris Heaton-Harris has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Chris Heaton-Harris occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what funding has been allocated to (a) the arts, (b) sport and (c) heritage from the National Lottery in each of the last eight years for which figures are available; and what the aggregate equivalent figures are for (i) the arts, (ii) sport and (iii) heritage from (A) 2006 to 2010 and (B) 2010 to 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what changes to the proportion of National Lottery funding committed to (a) the arts, (b) sport and (c) heritage there have been in the last five years.
I rise to present a petition in the same terms as that of my hon. Friend the Member for Beverley and Holderness (Mr Stuart) on behalf of my constituents in Daventry. I also have a similar one, which I carried out online, with about 300 signatures. This is the second petition that I have presented on this issue since I became a Member of Parliament. It is a very strong and current theme in...
More of Chris Heaton-Harris's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Daventry
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Wind Power
- Wind Power: Noise
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Northampton Hospital
- European Union
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 12 Jul 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 175 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Parliament of Hungary.
Address of donor: Budapest, Hungary.
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): three nights in a hotel plus meals, with an estimated value of £750
Destination of visit: Hungary
Date of visit: 22 – 25 October, 2014.
Purpose of visit: Political meetings and a football match against the Hungarian Parliament FC
(Registered 20 November 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Lincoln, from which rental income is received.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from