This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chris Heaton-Harris’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Daventry
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chris Heaton-Harris
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chris Heaton-Harris voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 12 Jul 2010)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Energy and Climate Change, Home Department, Justice, Communities and Local Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wind Power, Wind Power: Planning Permission, Wind Power: Noise, Human Rights, European Union
(based on written questions asked by Chris Heaton-Harris and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Petitions: Cardiac Rehabilitation Services at Danetre Hospital (Daventry) (3 Dec 2013)
“My second petition is a very important one—not that the last one was not. This petition is about cardiac rehabilitation services at Danetre hospital in my constituency. They were removed a while ago, and a fantastic campaigner, Viv Crouch, has been campaigning ever since to get them back. She and a number of other people have raised a petition signed by over 1,200 people from across...”
- Petitions: Rural Fair Share Campaign (3 Dec 2013)
“I have two petitions. The first is a petition of 386 residents of my constituency on the Rural Fair Share campaign. The petition states: The Petition of residents of the UK, Declares that the Petitioners believe that the Local Government Finance Settlement is unfair to rural communities; notes that the Rural Penalty sees urban areas receive 50% more support per head than rural areas despite...”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: European Parliament (3 Dec 2013)
“What assessment he has made of the recent decision by the European Parliament to meet in a single location.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Heaton-Harris’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 139 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register