This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on John Glen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Salisbury
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by John Glen
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How John Glen voted on key issues:
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Defence, Business, Innovation and Skills, Justice, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Government Procurement Card, Insolvency, Armed Forces: Location, Israel, Palliative Care
(based on written questions asked by John Glen and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Local Audit and AccountabilityBill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (24 out of 26)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: National Infrastructure Plan (4 Dec 2013)
“In welcoming the news about the progress on the feasibility study for the A303, will the Chief Secretary bear in mind my constituents’ concerns about Stonehenge and Winterbourne Stoke? Unless that area is properly unblocked, people will not be able to get down to Devon to enjoy Tiverton and Honiton. This has been going on for several generations, and we need to make sure that it is...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Glen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register