This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Dudley South
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chris Kelly
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chris Kelly voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Home Department, Education, Health, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Research, Government Procurement Card, Audit Commission: Expenditure, Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, GP Budget Holding
(based on written questions asked by Chris Kelly and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Scrap Metal Dealers Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Terrorist Asset-Freezing Etc. Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Petitions: Proposed Bund Construction on Oregon Close, Kingswinford, Dudley (3 Dec 2013)
“It is my pleasure to present this petition on behalf of the residents of Oregon close in Kingswinford in my constituency. It relates to matters regarding the quarry that is operated by WCL Quarries and is ultimately owned by Hinton Perry & Davenhill, a major company in my constituency. The petition states: The Petition of residents of Dudley South, Declares that a planning application on...”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (27 Nov 2013)
“The Prime Minister’s plans to restrict benefits to immigrants are wise and welcome. What lessons has my right hon. Friend learned from the failures of the last Labour Government who, despite claiming that just 13,000 Polish immigrants would arrive in the UK, deliberately allowed more than 1 million to come into our country?”
- Fly-Grazing of Horses (26 Nov 2013)
“Local newspapers are also reporting huge numbers of cases of tragic horse deaths. In my constituency, the Express & Star, the Stourbridge News and the Dudley News are regularly filled with stories about horrific cases of horse death and neglect. Has my hon. Friend had a similar experience?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 13 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register