Thank you, Mr Deputy Speaker, for allowing me to make my final speech in the House. I shall not speak for too long, because I know that many other Members want to contribute to the debate. The Chancellor’s stated goal is for Britain to become the most prosperous major economy in the world, and for that prosperity to be shared throughout the nation. As a fellow Member whose constituency...
When this Government took office, metal theft was rife, especially in the black country. This Government listened to the all-party group on combating metal theft, banned cash payments, and passed the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013. Once my right hon. Friend has been returned for another term as Prime Minister, what more will he do to ensure that instances of this abhorrent crime reduce still...
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the cost of Labour in this context since 2005 has been a reduction in our rebate of nearly £10.5 billion and that a further cost of Labour would be its Front Benchers caving in and paying this enormous sum if they were in government, something to which my constituents in Dudley South say no?
More of Chris Kelly's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dudley South
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Government Procurement Card
- Taxation: Metals
- Audit Commission: Expenditure
- Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 26 Jul 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 20 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
Name of donor: B. A. C. Kingham
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 10 September 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: (1) UK
China Forum Ltd, a not-for-profit company established by the Great Britain China Centre for the purpose of promoting UK-China dialogues, from sponsorship by HSBC
and Prudential; (2) All China Youth Federation;
Address of donor: (1) 15 Belgrave Square, London SWIX 8PS; (2) 10, Qianmen Dong Dajie, Beijing, 100051, People’s Republic of China
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) £1,200.21 for air ticket and visa; (2) six nights bed and breakfast in hotels in Beijing and Chongqing at an estimated cost of £80 per night (total £480).
Destination of visit: Beijing and Chongqing, China
Date of visit: 20-25 July 2014
Purpose of visit: To attend the 2014 UK-China Young Leaders Roundtable, organised by the Great Britain China Centre, UK China Forum Ltd and the All-China Youth Federation to discuss building UK-China partnership for reform and innovation.
(Registered 21 August 2014)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in Greater London, from which rental income is received.
(Registered 30 November 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from