How Chris Kelly voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Chris Kelly occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Does my right hon. Friend agree that the doubling of capital allowances to £500,000 provides a welcome boost to manufacturers in Dudley and the black country, such as Miss Daisy’s Manufacturing which I visited recently, and will increase investment in the manufacturing sector, securing more jobs for the British people?
I welcome the Budget statement. It is a Budget that will help us build a resilient economy and is part of the Government’s long-term economic plan to put this country back on the path to sustained growth, a path that was deviated from by the Labour party with the debt-fuelled politics of the final decade of its time in office. I commend my right hon. Friend the Chancellor who, since...
The Secretary of State is talking about energy-intensive industry and there is still a great deal of that in my constituency. Does he agree we do not want these industries going offshore where environmental legislation may not be as stringently enforced as it is in the UK? We need to keep those industries here in the UK, and yesterday’s Budget helps us to achieve that. [Interruption.]
More of Chris Kelly's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dudley South
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Government Procurement Card
- Taxation: Metals
- Audit Commission: Expenditure
- Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
Keltruck Limited; truck dealership (non-executive), Kenrick Way, West Bromwich, West Midlands B71 4JW. (Appointment ended 5 April 2013)
Salary payment of £2,083.34 gross for March 2013. Hours: 16 hrs. (Registered 22 April 2013)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: PO Box
31966, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Travel and accommodation with a value of £3,500
Destination of visit: United Arab Emirates
Date of visit: 23-26 March 2013
Purpose of visit: To meet Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures together with British diplomats in order to build on the bilateral relationship and promote trade and investment ties..
(Registered 9 April 2013)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in Greater London
, from which rental income is received.
(Registered 30 November 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.