How John Woodcock voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Woodcock never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Protection of bowling greens – John Woodcock.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment he has made of the extent of persecution of Christians in North Korea; what steps he is taking within the international community to address that issue; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what support he is providing for local authorities to address issues caused by high gull populations.
More of John Woodcock's recent appearances
Labour MP for Barrow and Furness
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Consultants
- Roads: Snow and Ice
- Drugs: Misuse
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (8 Oct 2010 to 11 Jan 2013)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 226 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 65.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Woodcock’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 122 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: c/o Lower Ground Floor, 23 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation, £3,000
Destination of visit: Erbil & Balisan Village, Iraqi Kurdistan
Date of visit: 15-20 February 2014
Purpose of visit: Kurdistan Region in Iraq APPG
fact-finding trip, including the Kurdistan Children’s Hospital to meet ministers, civil society organisations and others.
(Registered 7 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.