This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on John Woodcock’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Barrow and Furness
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by John Woodcock
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How John Woodcock voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Defence Committee (since 25 Nov 2013)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Health, Defence, Communities and Local Government, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Billing, Departmental Consultants, Roads: Snow and Ice, Trident, Drugs: Misuse
(based on written questions asked by John Woodcock and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Water Charges (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what the average water bill paid by households in each region of the UK was in each of the last five years.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Water: Meters (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what proportion of households in (a) Barrow and Furness constituency and (b) England have water meters.”
- Written Answers — Health: Asthma (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will introduce asthma action plans to improve standards of asthma care and reduce asthma deaths.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 216 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Woodcock’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register