This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Graham Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Hyndburn
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (since 8 Oct 2010) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Graham Jones
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Graham Jones voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Home Department, Treasury, Work and Pensions, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Police: Accountability, European Fighter Aircraft, Theft: Metals, Independent Living Fund, Housing: Construction
(based on written questions asked by Graham Jones and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Scrap Metal Dealers Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (16 out of 16)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Housing: Construction (9 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what recent estimate he has made of (a) building starts and (b) building completions under the one for one replacement element of the Right to Buy scheme.”
- Backbench Business — Modern-day Slavery (5 Dec 2013)
“I want to make some brief comments this afternoon on the issue of child slavery, and particularly on prostitution in India, which follows on neatly from the comments of the hon. Member for Congleton (Fiona Bruce). I endorse what she said and I hope to add to it. In many ways, the term “child prostitution” is a euphemism: it fails to describe the shocking details of this vile...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Graham Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register