This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lisa Nandy’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Wigan
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (since 7 Oct 2013) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Lisa Nandy
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lisa Nandy voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education, Business, Innovation and Skills, Work and Pensions, Home Department, Justice
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Pay, Free Schools, Departmental Public Expenditure, Written Questions, Charities Act 2006
(based on written questions asked by Lisa Nandy and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (19 out of 19)
- London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Amendment) Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (3 Dec 2013)
“A year ago, 13-year old Mahmoud Khousa was targeted and killed by a drone-fired missile in the streets of Gaza as he walked to the shops to buy a pencil for his sister. According to Amnesty International, it would have been clear to the Israeli military that Mahmoud was a child. Does the Minister agree that it is a travesty that, 12 months later, nobody has been held to account for...”
- Post Office (27 Nov 2013)
“The Minister has repeatedly said that the post office network is at its most sustainable for years, but that is not a picture that many people in Wigan and across the country—or I—would recognise. Government business to the post office network has fallen by 7% over the past year, and the National Federation of SubPostmasters says that we need “a determined and co-ordinated...”
- Women and the Cost of Living (19 Nov 2013)
“Will my hon. Friend give way?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 110 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lisa Nandy’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register