Does Lisa Nandy respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Lisa Nandy responded to a
low proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Lisa Nandy’s voting in Parliament
Lisa Nandy is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Lisa Nandy’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lisa Nandy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lisa Nandy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lisa Nandy has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what discussions her Department has had with other government departments on the potential for the construction of new nuclear reactors in Somerset independent of the proposals by EDF at Hinkley Point C.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what representations the Government has received from (a) the Chinese government and (b) Chinese energy companies on the use of alternative nuclear technology to that proposed by EDF at Hinkley Point.
The Secretary of State is fond of telling us how keen she is to cut energy bills, but last Friday, when attention was diverted elsewhere, her Department revealed that families in this country will be asked to pay up to an extra £38 on their energy bills to fund her failure to get new power stations built. Can she confirm to this House that not only is she asking families to pay more to...
More of Lisa Nandy’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wigan
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pay
- Free Schools
- Big Society Network
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Mayors: Greater Manchester
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (since 14 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (18 Mar 2013 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Sep 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Lisa Nandy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 40.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 154 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lisa Nandy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 157 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald’s Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Accommodation for three nights, value £945 in total
Date received: 27-30 September 2015
Date accepted: 27 September 2015
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 12 October 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from