This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrea Leadsom
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrea Leadsom voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Treasury, Health, Education, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): High Speed 2 Railway Line, High Speed Two Railway Line, Wind Power, Bank Services, Payment Systems Regulator
(based on written questions asked by Andrea Leadsom and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (8 out of 9)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“I congratulate my right hon. Friend, particularly on removing the jobs tax on young people. Will he confirm that one of the aims of his Budgets has been to ensure that the young people of today do not end up paying for the mess left by Labour?”
- Written Answers — Transport: High Speed 2 Railway Line (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what the total cost of analysing alternatives to the High Speed 2 scheme was (a) up to and including 11 March 2010 and (b) after that date.”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Business: Regulation (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what assessment he has made of the recommendations of the report from the Business Taskforce entitled Cut EU red tape, published in October 2013.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register